6D measurement of engine motion in vehicle testing
- 6-DOF measurements of movements in real time
- high measuring frequency of up to 490Hz at unlimited measuring time
- measuring results are shown as absolute values in vehicle coordinate system
- used for test drive and test station
- short setup time
- high accuracies
- no mechanical connection between sensor and engine block
- camera mount does not need high stability
- high speed camera also applicable for motion analysis of any other object, i.e. not only for vehicle testing applications
- extendable for other static and dynamic measuring tasks.
EngineWatch - Functional principle
EngineWatch is built around a high speed camera. The camera consists of a high resolution CMOS sensor, an integrated high performance flash, and an image analysis processor. The camera features extremely short shutter speeds of just a few micro-seconds that are necessary for long-duration tests. It also ensures the system is robust and stable over time.
Mounted on a fixture, the camera directly focuses the engine block. The measuring principle is based on the detection of relative movements of two solid bodies. Therefore reference targets are placed on the engine block and on the car body in a way that the camera will focus all targets at the same time.
Setup and calibration of the system take less than 30 minutes. The position of the camera to the engine block does not need to be stable as EngineWatch recalculates its position continuously using the reference targets. Hence, camera movements cannot influence the measuring results.
The measuring images are analysed in the sensor. Thus only the digital data are transferred to the notebook computer in real time, not the entire images. EngineWatch calculates the positions of the measuring points in X, Y, Z, and the rotation angle (alpha, beta, gamma) as absolute values in the vehicle coordinate system. For the presentation of the results, a path-time-diagram is created showing the X, Y, Z movements in the vehicle coordinate system. In order to visualize the measured movements in a CAD system, the measuring results can be exported to post-processing software via an interface.
- MoveInspect basic system with high speed camera
- mounting frame
- accessory set
- syncbox for 1-4 cameras (cascadable)
- controlling computer with EngineWatch software
- one set of coded targets (ANCO-code)
- thereof 50 on magnetic mount
- calibration panel with transportation case
|Operating system||Microsoft ® Windows ® 7 (64 Bit)|
|Power supply||test drive: 12 Volt vehicle power system test station: 90-240 Volt|
|Max. acquisition frequency||500 Hz|
|Synchronization||Digital time stamp / Master/slave mode, Clock / Enable IN/OUT (TTL o. 20 mA Loop)|
|EngineWatch data set||X, Y, Z, alpha, beta, gamma, number of picture, time stamp (ASCII-format)|
|Measuring volume (X, Y, Z)||1,000 mm x 1,000 mm x 500 mm|
|Accuracy XYZ / angular accuracy||±0.1 mm / ±0.015°|